Author Topic: What would get you excited about the future?  (Read 1955 times)

trickynbc

• Freshman
  • BSEE 2010, I Wanna Go Fast!
Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 03:48:40 pm
Y'all are some #badfans. Judy single handedly brought us football, what else do you guys want?
"Why not pick Charlotte?" - Joe Thompson

ninerrbl

• Freshman
Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 05:48:28 pm
The sad truth is that if we ever moved to the AAC, it would be because the best teams left.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 07:27:38 pm
 Phil retires. Ghost of Bonnie appointed new chancellor.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:43:24 pm by 4ever niner »

Pork Chop

• Senior
Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 10:46:42 pm
I probably won't attend any games this year. This is a more exciting prospect than seeing one.
"You sir are the greatest poster ever." - NLP

"I don't know if the ban stick is big enough to take the 'Chop man down." - Niner Advocate

"Pork Chop's 'stache deserves its own thread." - Hooner49

Two Millionth Fan at a home 49er basketball game 11/24/2003

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #29 on: January 12, 2017, 07:34:25 am
Bobby Lutz replaces Phil !

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #30 on: January 12, 2017, 09:00:52 am
Bobby Lutz replaces Phil !
Ha! Lutz in nowhere near a good enough ass kisser to be appointed.

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 10:55:37 am
I've requested Judy three times in the last month to discuss with State of Charlotte her expectations for the Athletic Department, Men's Basketball and Football. Today I requested a fourth time, and this time sent my questions:

-What were your expectations for the 2016 football season and were those expectations met?
-What were your expectations for the 2016-17 men's basketball season, and are those expectations on track to be met?
-Should fans manage their high expectations for the 2017 football season?
-Would you ever compel Coach Lambert to make changes to his staff?
-Do you have the understanding of the game of football that allows you to properly judge the performance of the coaches and players?
-When do you expect Charlotte to receive its first invitation to a Bowl Game?
-When do you expect Charlotte to make its next men's basketball NCAA Tournament?
-Why was a non-division 1 opponent allowed on the regular season basketball schedule this season?
-Men's Basketball has long been our flagship sport, how many times should an athletic director fire the coach of flagship sport they have hired before being relieved of their duties?
-Does Chancellor Philp DuBois hold the athletic department to a standard?
-When should 49er fans expect Jerry Richardson Stadium to have expanded seat capacity?
-In your 26 years running the Charlotte 49ers Athletic Director have you ever felt in over your head?
-During the recent capital campaign, you stated: "Iím still here because I havenít finished what I set out to do. Making sure we have fully funded athletic scholarships, competitive budgets among the league and Division I, nationally recognized sports, and quality facilities are my priorities.Ē
Would you hire someone that told you that it would take at least a quarter century to "finish what they set out to do"?
-If you had to  interview for your position tomorrow, what would you say makes you qualified for the position?
-Are you satisfied with the performance of the athletic department's marketing efforts?
-Is there any effort being made to lessen the portion of the budget paid for by student fees?
-Do you feel less beholden to donors and alumni considering that student fees fund the athletic department more than they do?
-Why do you insulate yourself from young alumni by abstaining from social media?
-Why should a student that started school 2005 or after have any pride in the performance of the athletic department?
-Can you name ten UNC Charlotte Alumni (excluding Dale Halton) that have expressed support for your leadership in the past six months?
-Do you feel that a dwindling donor base allows you to run the athletic department with less outside influence?
-If not for the efforts of CFI (Charlotte Football Initiative) would you have been motivated to start a football program at Charlotte, and would Charlotte have a football program today?

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

NinerAdvocate

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 11:16:40 am
Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

https://i.imgur.com/74Mcl1t.jpg

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 11:20:08 am
I've requested Judy three times in the last month to discuss with State of Charlotte her expectations for the Athletic Department, Men's Basketball and Football. Today I requested a fourth time, and this time sent my questions:

-What were your expectations for the 2016 football season and were those expectations met?
-What were your expectations for the 2016-17 men's basketball season, and are those expectations on track to be met?
-Do you have the understanding of the game of football that allows you to properly judge the performance of the coaches and players?
-When do you expect Charlotte to make its next men's basketball NCAA Tournament?
-Why was a non-division 1 opponent allowed on the regular season basketball schedule this season?
-Men's Basketball has long been our flagship sport, how many times should an athletic director fire the coach of flagship sport they have hired before being relieved of their duties?
-When should 49er fans expect Jerry Richardson Stadium to have expanded seat capacity?
-In your 26 years running the Charlotte 49ers Athletic Director have you ever felt in over your head?
-During the recent capital campaign, you stated: "Iím still here because I havenít finished what I set out to do. Making sure we have fully funded athletic scholarships, competitive budgets among the league and Division I, nationally recognized sports, and quality facilities are my priorities.Ē
Would you hire someone that told you that it would take at least a quarter century to "finish what they set out to do"?
-If you had to  interview for your position tomorrow, what would you say makes you qualified for the position?
-Are you satisfied with the performance of the athletic department's marketing efforts?
-Is there any effort being made to lessen the portion of the budget paid for by student fees?
-Do you feel less beholden to donors and alumni considering that student fees fund the athletic department more than they do?
-Why do you insulate yourself from young alumni by abstaining from social media?
-Why should a student that started school 2005 or after have any pride in the performance of the athletic department?
-Can you name ten UNC Charlotte Alumni (excluding Dale Halton) that have expressed support for your leadership in the past six months?
-Do you feel that a dwindling donor base allows you to run the athletic department with less outside influence?
-If not for the efforts of CFI (Charlotte Football Initiative) would you have been motivated to start a football program at Charlotte, and would Charlotte have a football program today?

I am sure she is looking at her calendar right now, trying to find a time to meet.   ;D
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

Ben H

• Senior
Reply #34 on: January 13, 2017, 11:27:22 am
Unless you donate six figures to the program she is not going to meet with you. But, you already know that. Does anyone know, off hand, how many people we have that consistently make those kind of contributions? Or least contributions in the tens of thousands and up range?

She and Phil obviously block out those of us who contribute less than this. So, I'm curious as to what size donor base we have that they actually consider and respond to. Based off that, I'm curious how many of those people are decreasing or ending their contributions based off on the field performance.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Junior
Reply #35 on: January 13, 2017, 11:31:21 am

I am sure she is looking at her calendar right now, trying to find a time to meet.   ;D

If you really want to meet with someone from the AD's office just go to the University Chick-fil-A during the middle of a work day or one of the other lunch spots they frequent.

49erCC

• Freshman
Reply #36 on: January 13, 2017, 11:34:37 am
can I change my vote after last night

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #37 on: January 13, 2017, 01:41:51 pm
my  email to judy:
Hello, I am a 2006 graduate of unc charlotte and a long-time niner fan. I am emailing you over my concerns regarding the direction of the athletic programs, namely football and men's basketball. My frustration with the running of the department spilled over last night, when during halftime of the game versus La. Tech, a charlotte student, competing for a prize, was given a charlotte jersey with the name of a player who recently transferred from the university and is having success at another. This, to me, shows that no one in the athletic department cares about how the program is perceived and was just another example of no one doing their job. How something like that is able to happen is beyond me, but perhaps the most concerning part is that no one will be held accountable. I am as hardcore of a fan as you will find and frequent the message board and what I can tell you is this; many other hardcore fans feel the same way and many have simply had enough. I am getting close to that point. I hope some changes will be made and we will get back on track.

Ben H

• Senior
Reply #38 on: January 13, 2017, 02:18:05 pm
Great email. I am going to write one too, but I encourage everyone to email more than just Judy. Send it to everyone remotely related. Because, most of those people don't care. Maybe someone does. It looks like Price cares. But I'm not sure his staff is fully capable, and if we end with a losing season, I again, encourage him to make a change in staff.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #39 on: January 13, 2017, 02:49:11 pm
her response:
Andrew, That issue was addressed last night when we also saw what had occured. The Marketing staff has been informed and it has been handled.
fyi, she clearly doesn't grammar check her emails because she capitalized That and Marketing. obviously she didn't address the rest of my email. How was this handled or fixed?

Ben H

• Senior
Reply #40 on: January 13, 2017, 02:54:06 pm
her response:
Andrew, That issue was addressed last night when we also saw what had occured. The Marketing staff has been informed and it has been handled.
fyi, she clearly doesn't grammar check her emails because she capitalized That and Marketing. obviously she didn't address the rest of my email. How was this handled or fixed?

At least she got on the marketing staff for that... my expectations are so low that I was not expecting that.

NinerLoudNProud

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #41 on: January 13, 2017, 02:57:41 pm
her response:

Are you really criticizing her grammar when you had so many punctuation errors in your email to her?
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #42 on: January 13, 2017, 03:09:56 pm
her response:

Are you really criticizing her grammar when you had so many punctuation errors in your email to her?

yeah, and what punctuation errors?

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #43 on: January 13, 2017, 03:20:23 pm
her response:

If Marketing is the name of the team, or the department, then it is properly capitalized.
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #44 on: January 13, 2017, 03:25:40 pm
If she's responding to that it would be nice if you all asked nicely for her to respond to my questions.

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #45 on: January 13, 2017, 03:28:38 pm
her response:

If Marketing is the name of the team, or the department, then it is properly capitalized.

i thought about that after i said it. still, annoying that she won't give at least stock answers to the other questions.

cltniners

• Head Coach
Reply #46 on: January 13, 2017, 04:01:10 pm
clt says use good grammar and sentence structure.
clt's signature: The 49ers established Thursday that their role is what they say it is. Tom Sorensen, Friday, Nov. 14, 2008

TheShowDawg

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #47 on: January 13, 2017, 04:22:28 pm
If she's responding to that it would be nice if you all asked nicely for her to respond to my questions.

The biggest bang for your buck on your questions would be to purchase a full page in the Charlotte Observer Sunday Sports page on Super Bowl weekend and post these questions from a concerned frustrated State of Charlotte/Niners Nation.  Before some blast the Old Skool method remember Judy and a majority of her supporters dont use technology / social media so this would be interpreted better in this format. It would also force Observer to cover it.
In the Time of the Chimpanzee, I Was a Monkey....

Just Another Person Who Posts Motivational Quotes But Sucks At Life

Ben H

• Senior
Reply #48 on: January 13, 2017, 04:23:46 pm

The biggest bang for your buck on your questions would be to purchase a full page in the Charlotte Observer Sunday Sports page on Super Bowl weekend and post these questions from a concerned frustrated State of Charlotte/Niners Nation.  Before some blast the Old Skool method remember Judy and a majority of her supporters dont use technology / social media so this would be interpreted better in this format. It would also force Observer to cover it.

I would donate money to this. Let CPIP write it.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos