Author Topic: Player Evaluation At the Mid Point Of The Season  (Read 896 times)

ninerrbl

• Freshman
on: January 11, 2017, 06:26:43 pm
I would like to see what everybody thoughts are on each player, now that the season is half over.

John Davis (our best player by far...has turn the ball over a lot lately trying to get every one involved..may need to move to 2 guard cause he can score..should be a better on ball defender)

Quentin Jackson ( had a slow start but is coming on...has the talent to be an all conference player in the future)

Andrien White ( doesn't seem to be much better than last year...release is still slow and can't score of the bounce)

Braxton Ogbueze (its been an awful year...still time to turn it around)

Benas  Griciunas (he needs more playing time even though he's playing out of position, he's just not a back to the basket center...let him play the stretch 4, give him plenty of minutes and let's see what he can do)

Hudson Price ( he had one great game against Elon, hadn't did much since but turn the ball over...would he be playing this much if his last name wasn't Price?)

Anthony Vanhook (so undersized and can't stay out of foul trouble...like to see Benas get some of his minutes...)

Ried Aube ( going to give you a 110 percent every night..like to see him get some of Hudson's minutes..he gets the team going when he's in there)

Najee Garvin ( he's been okay as a freshman...i would play him more)

Austin Ajukwa ( haven't seen enough but he's shooting is better than i thought it would be)

Lucas Bergang ( maybe we can get something out of him in a couple of years)

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 09:58:02 pm
I would like to see what everybody thoughts are on each player, now that the season is half over.

John Davis (our best player by far...has turn the ball over a lot lately trying to get every one involved..may need to move to 2 guard cause he can score..should be a better on ball defender)

Quentin Jackson ( had a slow start but is coming on...has the talent to be an all conference player in the future)

Andrien White ( doesn't seem to be much better than last year...release is still slow and can't score of the bounce)

Braxton Ogbueze (its been an awful year...still time to turn it around)

Benas  Griciunas (he needs more playing time even though he's playing out of position, he's just not a back to the basket center...let him play the stretch 4, give him plenty of minutes and let's see what he can do)

Hudson Price ( he had one great game against Elon, hadn't did much since but turn the ball over...would he be playing this much if his last name wasn't Price?)

Anthony Vanhook (so undersized and can't stay out of foul trouble...like to see Benas get some of his minutes...)

Ried Aube ( going to give you a 110 percent every night..like to see him get some of Hudson's minutes..he gets the team going when he's in there)

Najee Garvin ( he's been okay as a freshman...i would play him more)

Austin Ajukwa ( haven't seen enough but he's shooting is better than i thought it would be)

Lucas Bergang ( maybe we can get something out of him in a couple of years)

When we win the championship Lucas is the guy we will get to hang the banner up.  You need a guy for that on the bench.
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 07:52:14 am
Couldn't ask more from Jon, but give him some rest !
Make an instructional video for the team from Reid & Q's heart and hustle.
Light a fire under Garvins butt and make him more aggressive.
Focus on getting a Kelvin Price type post player so our guard oriented program has help !

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 08:57:19 am
Jon - stud.

Everyone else - needs improvement.

lucky57

• Senior
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 01:02:58 pm
Davis-Very good

Jackson-Probably will be very good.

Everyone else....ehh.

We can survive this year in midpack in a crappy conference. If we don't bring in 3 solid bigs/wings for next year I think the precipitous slide continues.This recruiting class is make or break for Price to me.

NinerWupAss

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 01:23:16 pm
Davis-Very good

Jackson-Probably will be very good.

Everyone else....ehh.

We can survive this year in midpack in a crappy conference. If we don't bring in 3 solid bigs/wings for next year I think the precipitous slide continues.This recruiting class is make or break for Price to me.

Yup
Mahna Mahna

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 05:05:59 pm

We aren't getting any world beaters at this point.  Marginal upgrade it seems is our high.

NinerLove

• Sophomore
Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 07:38:12 pm
Davis has been all conference good (minus turnovers).

Vanhook has been second most consistent and under appreciated.

Jackson promising future. Playing well.

Gavin I think is also showing flashes

Price, Ajuk, White and BO have provided scoring in spurts but need consistency

Need more from bigs (obviously)

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 07:44:34 pm
We suck.

Wingate49erFan

• Sophomore
Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 02:20:42 am