Author Topic: Marshall Postgame  (Read 1789 times)

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 11:06:03 am
Lundy could make sense as a AHC. Not sure he'd be up for that though, Queens is rocking and rolling right now and I could see a LM to possibly a MM giving him a look as HC.

upperdeck

• Sophomore
Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 11:35:14 am
Vasic didn't dress again, I'm guessing lingering injury.

Rolled ankle in practice. I think this was the second time in two weeks.

Ninerfan2012

• Freshman
Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 11:44:04 am
This was the first time Iíve seen a Fancher team play an entire game.

It always amazes me how much our talent level has dropped off from the Major years.

Weíre just not good sadly, canít do much of anything well besides watch Jon Davis.

The next coach is going to have a complete rebuild, because outside of Davis, none of these guys should be starting on a NCAA level team.

tasheets

• Walk On
Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 01:55:58 pm
  Two things, solid defense, and ball movement. Can any coach in the country get this out of these kids?  One on one ( in our case one on three) never works except for the elite athletes and the NBA. Last time I checked we are neither.  Our offense consists of attempted penetration where you dribble into trouble then and only then try to find a free man to receive a pass. Everybody has to be moving. Anybody can guard someone standing still.  Damit move, set initial picks and secondary picks simultaneously while never stopping.  Just watch some of the better ball movement teams in college or the NBA.  We have talent but a low basketball IQ which makes me pessimistic with this group.  It's a sad state of affairs trying to see which players we can blame.  Right now I'd keep the Serbs, Murphy, and an  under control Davis to go to battle with while trading all the others for almost anybody.  Being repetitive "it's a sad state of affairs".   
   It's funny how well they play defense when they are on a roll and motivated.  They get aggressive, jump into passing lanes, and generally cause havoc.  Problem is they're hardly ever on a roll.  The potential is there but I'm afraid we'll never see it with this collective group.  I hope they somehow prove me wrong.

We need someone to teach some basics. The spacing on the 2 on 1 fast break was awful. They were like 5ft apart. Garvin should have given the ball up to White. Then White back to garvin. Seems like everyone is to selfish!

tasheets

• Walk On
Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 01:59:13 pm
Glad to see the old JD we know is in there bust free.  Fancher had a very interesting comment tonight about the restrictions being off of him (JD) in regards to FGA/game.

Turnovers doomed us. Many of those in the careless variety. So frustrating to see things in our control, remain uncontrollable.

Garvin should NEVER be allowed dribble the ball!

modern day Butter Johnson?

I never thought Butter was THAT bad but now that I look back at his stats his TPG was higher than his APG.

metro

• Freshman
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 02:06:51 pm
Glad to see the old JD we know is in there bust free.  Fancher had a very interesting comment tonight about the restrictions being off of him (JD) in regards to FGA/game.

Turnovers doomed us. Many of those in the careless variety. So frustrating to see things in our control, remain uncontrollable.

Garvin should NEVER be allowed dribble the ball!

modern day Butter Johnson?

I never thought Butter was THAT bad but now that I look back at his stats his TPG was higher than his APG.
Butter Johnson crosser was as good as Tim Hardaway plus 6-8".   Problem is be traveled every time  :))

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #31 on: January 12, 2018, 08:11:56 pm
On a bright note we are only two games back from where we were at this time last season.  Still an opportunity to improve upon last year's record.

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 01:29:59 pm
Butter Johnson almost had a triple double one time vs USF. Problem was one of the categories was turnovers  :eek:
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

ninerrbl

• Freshman
Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 03:49:27 pm
Jon Davis was very good but he had to dribble his way into shots. Not enough
ball movement to create shots. I know we have discussion  this before but
I think for this team Davis would be better at the 2 guard. Niners had the ball
late down 5 and Garvin had the ball trying to get the team in the offense. Davis
didn't come get the ball.

White has some Cam Newton in him. White is fired up, lets go team when he is
playing well. But when he is not playing well, he doesn't give max effort.

Ajukwa is struggling big time.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos